Roof cleaning is a hell of a task and even imagining it is tiresome, but it can easy for you to use these roof cleaners that make it an easy task. The cleaners are of various types like instant stain removal or spray and forget or disinfectant and come in concentrates or ready to use solutions.
So just look around the area you need to clean and question yourself what exactly you need then find the best match below. That would be the go-to cleaner for your needs. If earth-friendly is in your list, let me tell you all the below products satisfy that criteria, and that’s one thing you need not worry about. A detailed review with the key features listed separately about the ten best roof cleaners useful in 2022 are given below.
Table of Contents
The Best Roof Cleaners in 2022
No products found.
10. CITRA-SHIELD Ready to Use Roof and Exterior Cleaner
Citra-Shield cleaner is an all-surface, environment-friendly cleaner which can clean many exterior surfaces like wood, stone concrete, tiles, and many more surfaces. It contains no harmful chemicals and is effective in the removal and prevention of algae, mold, lichen & mildew forming on roof, decks, driveways, and similar exterior moisture affluent areas.
This natural cleaner needs to be sprayed on all problematic areas, and its effect will last up to one year.
- Natural cleanser and works on many surfaces, and it cleanses as well as prevents the mold from keeping places hygienic.
- It lasts for 12 months, and once the treatment is done, it need not be reworked until a year.
- It is pet-friendly and environment safe and hence can be used without fear and also easy application.
9. RV Protect All Rubber Roof Cleaner
Rubber roof cleaner does not contain any detergent related chemicals and is non-abrasive, meaning no rinsing of your roof is required. Cleaning of your EPDM rubber roof is done in three quick steps by sweeping the dust. Then spray roof cleaner on a 2 to 3 sq feet area and sponge mop or scrub with a soft-bristled brush.
Next, mop out the dissolved residue and clean it with the cloth to wipe off any remaining traces. Let the roof dry, and it is again ready for walking on.
- EPDM rubber roofs can be cleaned efficiently and efficiently using the protect-all rubber roof cleaner.
- Grime and chalk accumulation can be effectively dealt with using this cleaner, and no rinsing is required.
- It is biodegradable and non-toxic; hence can be used safely.
8. Dicor Corporation Rubber Roof Cleaner
Cleaning a rubber roof has been a hassle and requires a lot of scrubbing and manual effort. Still, the cleaning is not complete since grim remains, and we find scratches due to excessive rubbing. But using a cleaner specifically designated for this purpose will help you remove the chalk in no time and keeps your roof safe.
Dicor Corporation manufactures one such cleaner, which is harsh on dirt and safe for the environment.
- RV rubber roofing benefits from this cleanser since they are specifically designed for these kinds of roofs.
- Deep cleaning formula removes the dirt and chalks gently from the roof surface with gentle brushing using a soft brush on the sprayed area.
- It is biodegradable and hence can be used without causing any harm to the environment.
7. Propack Protectant Rubber Roof Cleaner
Propack roof cleaner is useful for RV rubber roofs and cleans the dirt and grim in a single application. Though it is of professional strength, it does not contain any petroleum in it. The special formula helps in cleaning the streaks, road film, and oxidation easily.
It also moisturizes and preserves your rubber roof by conditioning it. Treat your roof at least twice a year, and it will keep the roof free from all types of dirt related problems.
- This is a professional-strength level of formula to help clean and preserve the RV rubber roof.
- It is not a petroleum-based cleaner and hence safe for the environment.
- It comes in a 128 oz bottle and protects the roof from mold, mildew, and fungus growth and keeps it free from the same if used once in 6 months.
6. Wet and Forget Algae Stain Remover
Stains of algae moss, mildew, and mold are stubborn and make the roofs look shabby. Wet and forget stain remover is a concentrate which does not contain any caustic, bleach or acid. This cleaner is made of selected and unique biodegradable surfactants. This half a gallon concentrate makes 3 gallons of cleaner.
Once it comes in contact with water, it is activated and starts working and keeps the roof clean for a year.
- This cleaner needs to be sprayed, and it works on the moss by browning it first, and then the wind and rain will wash out the loosened and dead moss.
- It stays clean for 1-year after the initial application, and if any algae reappear immediately, just spray and forget.
- Spray and let it soak at least for 4 to 5 hours; make sure that rain does not wash away the cleaner.
5. RMR Disinfectant and Cleaner
Mold does not seem to give up even after repeated cleaning, and this makes us frustrated. RMR disinfectant and cleaner helps not only in eliminating the mold but also inhibits its growth by disinfecting the surface. It is an effective way to remove the bacterial and viruses since it is a powerful formula and also safe.
This disinfectant spray is EPA registered and hence safe for the environment. It has multiple applications and used by all living areas, both large and small scale to keep surfaces free of microorganisms.
- The cleaner and disinfectant kill mold and a broad spectrum of fungus, viruses, bacteria, and 141 different microorganisms.
- It is widely used in homes, hospitals, institutions, and restaurants where it gives excellent results.
- It helps eliminate the odor effectively as it is positively charged and tracks down the negatively charged bacteria.
4. Spray & Forget Roof Cleaner Concentrate
The Spray and Forget roof cleaner concentrate is a 1gallon concentrated cleaner and makes up to 10 gallons, which can clean 2000 sq. ft. As the name says, this product is to be sprayed, and you can forget about doing anything about it further.
All the grim will be lifted from the surface and washed away when it rains. It is eco-friendly and does not contain any harmful chemicals like bleach, phosphates, lye, and heavy metals.
- It works on all exterior surfaces and does not require scrubbing or rinsing but only spraying using a pump sprayer.
- It is an environmentally friendly cleaner that does not compromise your landscape as it does not mess with your soil.
- This concentrate can make so much of a cleaning solution that it can clean 2000 sq. ft., so large areas can be cleaned completely using one bottle.
3. RMR-86 Instant Stain Remover
You will not believe what this cleaner can do unless you watch it in action. It instantly removes stains caused by mold and mildew from various surfaces. Most stubborn and hard to clean places like bathtubs, shower walls, Kitchen and bathroom tiles, decks, and many more places can become spick and span in an instant.
This powerful stain remover is ready to use solution and does not require any mixing of water hence making it easier to use.
- This wonderful spray and watch stain remover does exactly what it says and removes stains instantly from grim surfaces.
- No scrubbing is required and just watch the stains vanish after spraying the affected areas, making them clean.
- It is cost-effective, so no worries about spending a lot of money on a cleansing agent to get your home clean.
2. Green Gobbler Home & Garden Vinegar Cleaner
The Green Gobbler presents an eco-friendly product made out of vinegar and is useful in various ways. It can be used in and around your home and garden for cleaning furniture, carpets, drain lines, and many other places and things. Moreover, it needs to be diluted or used in full strength, depending on the job. It is non-toxic, pet safe, additive-free, and chemical-free.
It is also cheaper than other cleaners available on the market and saves you more money in the long run.
- This cleaning solution contains 30% vinegar, which is an effective and eco-friendly cleaning agent.
- Has hundreds of applications and cleans multiple places. It can be used in a variety of dilutions with high concentrate for tough dirt and more diluted for little dirt.
- Free from any form of chemicals and is earth-friendly as well as economical.
1. Wet & Forget Roof and Siding Cleaner
Cleaning is one task, and finding appropriate containers and tools for this purpose is another task. But This roof and the sliding cleaner comes with a nice ready-to-use formula with a hose-end, meaning you can attach the hose to it and spray. It sprays up to 30 feet and can cover an area of 2000 sq ft using one bottle. This bottle is not refillable and not for use in California.
- Spraying and leaving it out remove all the mold, algae, and other exterior issues caused due to the accumulation of fungus or dirt.
- The hard to reach places like a second story building or a roof is accessible by its 30 ft spray feature.
- The stains are removed overtime when the wind and rain blow away the deadly fungus, and hence cleaning is done by mother nature.
Each of the cleaners listed above is useful for various purposes, and few of them are designated for cleaning specific surfaces or specific places. But they are all eco-friendly and best roof cleaners trusted by many. All you need to do is to choose the best of the best.